Sep 8, 2022
It was such an honor and pleasure interviewing Mikala McClain!
She’s a mother, a wife, a nurse, and an entrepreneur. She has such
a fascinating story, and a TON of great learnings and teachings I
KNOW you’re gonna love. Mikala lost her mother early at age 11.
This led to a desire for “self control” which translated into
figure competitions and some body dysmorphia. Mikala learned that
trying to control the external without working on the internal was
almost futile; that set her on a path to learn therapies that could
help her feel whole again.
Things we discuss:
• the loss of her mother and recent loss of her father and how
that impacted her image of herself.
• her disillusionment from being a nurse. learning to
notice why you feel a certain way, where it comes from.
• more is not better, esp with fitness. skimpy is not
good, esp with nutrition.
• your why behind your health habits is important.
• polyvagal theory and the states of the nervous system.
• and so much more!